Right now...It is 5:10 Pm. It is a beautiful fall day. There is a beautiful view of yellow fall leaves from my kitchen patio door. I have the little bit of laundry that wouldn't fit on my close line earlier hanging out as the son begins to fade.
This weekend...was really nice. My husband worked all day Saturday but the kids and I took a short road trip to a little town that is surrounded by an Amish/Mennonite community. We ate breakfast at the local bakery: eggs, sausage, muffins, french toast, all very reasonably priced. We than walked around the town. It's always fun to see the Amish horse and buggies. Before we went home we went to the little Amish run grocery store that's known for selling bulk items. We got candy, sesame sticks, bag of oatmeal, maple syrup, honey. When we got home we did a bit of cleaning and I got a chance to go to confession, at last.
On Sunday we celelbrated my birthday for breakfast with coffee cake and presents. My husband started out by giving me a plastic slotted spoon and a nice coffee mug. I was trying to hold back tears because I thought, "At least if this is all you're going to get me you could have got me a better spoon." I was hoping he got me a bread maker and couldn't beleive he only got me this "cheap junk from Wal-mart." And then when I thought all was lost, my son came up stairs with bread maker in hand. I had to laugh at myself.
After church we went and walked around at a local park in the city with woods and trails and then went to Wal-mart to buy frozen lasagna for supper to continue the birthday celebration. My son made brownies. After we put the little ones to bed we watched the movie Up! My son and I had watched it Saturday night but my husband hadn't seen it yet. I just loved it. There are some very moving scenes and lots of excitement.
My plans for the week include...raking leaves, trying to clean (dust, declutter, vacuum) the upstairs, I want to get four days of practicing in and four days of walks in as well as take the little ones out in the bike trailer a few times. I also want to figure out how to make a decent loaf of whole wheat bread in my new bread maker. The first loaf I made was with white flour using the express setting and it turned out well. The second loaf was a whole wheat recipe and it wasn't nearly as good as when I make it by hand so I'm doing some research to see what I can come up with.
If I can get some time to myself I want to...keep reading the book The Yellow Lighted Book Store. It is a memoir that includes stories about how this author came to be an avid reader and bookseller. I love the way it's written.
I'm praying for...I realize lately that I rarely pray for my husband and I don't pray for my children that often either. I make the mistake of not making prayer a priority when in reality if I expect to make it to heaven I need to stay close to Mary and Jesus.
Something that makes me smile... My new breadmaker of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment