Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Musings

Right now it is 6:00 in the morning and I want to try and plan for the week--something I was too tired to do last night.  I want to plan meals, grocery shopping and make time to celebrate birthdays that didn't get celebrated due to a weekend where most of us were sick. 

This weekend My oldest son and I got sick on Friday night.  My son threw up every ten minutes all night long while I threw up twice and just felt crappy all day Saturday.  Saturday was my sons 15th birthday.  We thought we were feeling better first thing on Saturday morning, so I stopped at McDonald's to get breakfast (in an attempt to do something special for his birthday despite our illness)  but we ended up regretting it and feeling worse later on.  I thought I was going to be able to handle taking care of the little ones on Saturday and be able to let my husband work until 5:00 (he is still working mandatory overtime) but I started feeling really bad and had to call him to come home.  Thank God I had the chance to sleep all day.  That evening I was feeling much better.  However, my husband ended up starting to feel badly that evening and he ended up staying at home from work (yes he was required to work Sunday too!). 

It all started with the baby boy getting sick and throwing up on Wednesday ( his first throwing up illness).  My daughter also seemed to be sick too but it seemed much more mild for her in that she threw up once and tried eat but didn't eat much and lied around a lot.  She had never had a throwing up illness until now and she barely did.  This was the first illness that affected our whole family.  My 41st birthday was on Sunday and that didn't get celebrated either.  We'll see what we can do about it this week. 

Some plans for the week include the stuff I said above such as celebrating birthdays and getting some grocery shopping and bill paying that I wasn't able to get in this weekend.  Oh yeah, the little kids and I need to get to the library today and get the over due books back.  We also haven't been in a while and we desperately need some new reading material.  I've been terrible about making time to read to them. 

I also want to make sure to get out for a bike ride with the kids in the bike trailer.  We just go out for maybe ten minutes or so.  My daughter loves it but baby boy can't stand it for very long.  I think he doesn't like his helmet.  I'm trying to take them out for short rides to get them used to the ride although we won't be going out much longer I suppose as the weather gets colder. 

Time for myself needs to include getting at least four days of practicing in, going for walks, and reading blogs of course.

I'm Praying that even though my oldest son is going to public high school we can work something out as far as making sure to do something for religious education.  I also want to help him plan some prayer time for himself.  It is hard as he seems like he is always tired due to getting up early and at times staying up rather late to get his  homework done.  I was thinking about "suggesting" that he start out by reading the bible at least 15 minutes every day and be able to tell me about what he has read too.

Something that makes me smile

These two on a brief stop at the park on a cold, windy fall day:


For Monday Musings and more on country living go see Nadja at Patch O' Dirt Farm.

1 comment:

Nadja said...

Ewww...hope everyone is feeling better now! Stomach viruses are the worst!

I need to make an effort to read more to my little guys, too!

Thanks for joining me!