Today since the ground was a tad wet I took the little ones for a walk around the block. Smileyboy rode in the stroller while three-year-old Pumpkin girl walked and sometimes ran ahead. It's such a joy to experience the fall leaves with Pumpkingirl at this age. She seems to really understand that it is fall and during fall the leaves turn colors and fall off of the trees. She gathered a few leaves and some acorns and put them in the cargo compartment underneath the stroller. We love going outside and we all seem to get a little antsy when we don't make it out.
When I walk by myself it is mostly for exercise and I walk fast. With the little ones I really enjoy taking the time and watching them notice everything around us. As most people with chldren know, this is one of the most marvelous things about having children if we allow ourselves to take the time and linger with them. It's at times like these that we forget about our grown up cares and ambitions and remember that relationships are what we are put on this earth for. First our relationsip with God and then our relationship with each other. What better way to live this out than basking in God's creation on a walk with your children?
No comments:
Post a Comment