Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Flowers Everywhere

Most mornings the little ones and I go for a leisurely stroll around the block while Angelboy does his school work (poor kid).  Today was just beautiful. And now along with the daffodils (which have been out for at least two weeks and are just now starting to fade), tulips (which have been out for at least a week), and dandelions and small violets (which I have just started to see in the last couple of days) the trees which produce flowers have been producing them in full.  Spring flowers don't last very long so we're trying to enjoy them while we can.  Soon we will be seeing Lilacs too as I am just starting to see them bud.

I didn't see any dandelions until a few days ago and then they just seemed to appear over night.  They are plentiful and still pretty.

Along with the dandelions I started seeing violets spread throughout the lawns.


A note on daffodils
This spring I have been taking note of the timing of the appearnce of various flowers.  The daffodils seem to be the earliest bloomers and are noticeably plentiful this year.  I have never seen as many daffodils as I have seen in this neighborhood this year.  I didn't think it was possible, but I am almost sick of them just because there are so many.  They must be somewhat fashionable these days.




No comments: