
1. This hasn't been the best week. Does anyone else ever wonder if they should really be a stay at home mom? Does anyone feel like they are missing out by not working outside the home? Is it one of those green grass on the otherside things? I think I will feel better when I start playing in the symphony again on a regular basis. I also plan on getting out for a "Mother's Sabbath" tomorrow.
2. I'm naturally introverted so sometimes its just hard getting started with the ideas I have for doing things outside the home, which include: Working up some music to play with my son (and husband?, and sister too?)at nursing homes, playing at church (I have inquired about this before but nothing ever seems to come of it), just picking up my bass and playing at home would be a good start.
3. I have mixed feelings about homeschooling. As of today we are planning on sending Angelboy to the public highschool. I feel a little sad about this and of course wonder if it is the right thing to do. But I also wonder of continuting to homeschool would be the right thing to do. When homeschooling goes well I really enjoy it (and maybe he does too), but at the same time sending him to highscool may quite possibly free up a lot of my time and I may have more time to spend with Angelboy doing things other than schooling. He really likes the idea of going to highschool as I think he wants to know if he can handle the academic challenges of a more structured environment.
4. Pumpkingirl no longer gets herself into a tither whenever I suggest she "goes potty." Perhaps this is a sign that bigger things are to come.
5. Tonight is "date night" and I don't know where we are going as I insisted that it be a surprise. I am looking forward to it.
6. My current blogging goal is to get at least two posts a week in anyway that I can; the rest is gravy. This is my third post this week so I'm doing fine.
7. I haven't done any quick takes since before Lent so it feels good to be back...though I don't know how regularly I will be doing quick takes. It seems like Friday isn't a very good blogging day for me and (as has been said before) quick takes aren't always so quick.
Have a good weekend and stop by to see Jen at conversion diary for more quick takes.
2 comments:
I'm a musician too! What do you play?
Also, thank you for stopping by my blog. I saw your comment about knitting- I did several dishcloths at first just to learn knit and purl really well, and then finally after like 5 of them I ended up with a useable dishcloth. That's when I started trying other things. :)
I play double bass. I was snooping around your blog and saw what you wrote about music education. I really liked it. Sounds like you do a lot of teaching.
Post a Comment