Thursday, April 22, 2010

Small Successes Vol. 1

FaithButton


1.  We drove the 60 mile drive to visit my dad in the nursing home where he lives.  We had a very good visit.  His mind was better than it was when we saw him last.  I am very grateful for this.

2.  I got some prints made of some of my digital photos.  This mostly because my son needed some pictures our family for his project in Spanish Class.  I framed one to give to my mother-in-law too. 

3.  I made all the meals that I had planned on my menu so far this week.  The meals that I planned this week were some of my simpler dishes such as pizza and frozen burritos which I spruced up with some salads, like: mandarin beet salad with the pizza and Greek sald with the frozen burritos.  Lots of veggies served in a more interesting way!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great successes. I had to print out pictures for my daughter's school project today. It drives me crazy when I have to get pictures made for school projects.

ViolinMama said...

What a GREAT list. Very inspirational for me, even with a new baby due within days? weeks? Bless you for inspiring me to keep going!!

Much love!

Julia said...

Thanks for commenting ladies. It really made my day.

Karen,
It was driving me crazy too. There were a lot of glitches along the way to getting the prints finally made.

Violinmama,

(Just in case you subscribed to comments). I was looking at your blog yesterday. I wanted to ask you about your background in violin playing and ask you how it fits into your life now. My main instrument is double bass which I majored in in college and I always feel like I'd like to do more with it. How about you?