Saturday, January 30, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Vol. 10

1.  I am going to do 7QT's today even thought I said last week that I wouldn't do the Mr. Linky group stuff unless I wrote two posts of my own.  I did not get around to doing anything other than The Simple Woman's Daybook this week but I am going to do 7 QT's anyway.

2.  We have been relying more heavily on convenience foods this week.  I have been spending a lot of time on house work and once again too much time reading blogs. Convenience foods this week have included:  frozen burritoes with added salsa and shredded cheese, pizza with homemade crust (relatively fast and easy), and Burger King hamburgers.  My goal is to be more organized next week. I will make a menu this weekend for next week. 

3.  One of the cleaning projects I accomplished this week was to clean off the mantle and the top of the entertainement center this week.  I tried it the way that Leila of Like Mother, Like Daughter recommends in this post.  She takes everything off of the surface that you are going to declutter so that what you put back is placed there deliberately, not because you are used to seeing it there.  I have tried this a few times and both times I did not put everything back to where it originally was.  It truly helped me to declutter the surface better than I would have otherwise.
4. Wild Flowers and Marbles is another one of my favorite blogs.  Jenmack shows pictures of things like a newly cleaned desk and a newly organized room.  There is nothing like looking at the results of someone else's hard work to organize to inspire yourself to do the same.

5.  I think I'm going to try and get out of the house alone for a few hourse tomorrow morning.  There's nothing like getting out of the house by yourself to improve your perspective.  I need to make this a regular thing.  It's always difficult to break out of the inertia of the routine. 

6. I basically wrote qt's  1-5 yesterday and I am currently at the library finishing this post.  See, I did get out of the just like I said I would and I am finishing what I started yesterday. 

7.  Well I'd better get going. I would like to stay a little longer but I am expected at home. 

For more quick takes go to Jen at Conversion Diary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to see the progress of others as well. I especially like the before so I can see how much they accomplished between school, laundry, diapers, dishes...