Well, we are back to the dreaded homeschooling. That's right. Dreaded.
I was not looking forward to starting again. I was seriously thinking of sending Angelboy to the public Jr. High full time as soon as Christmas break was over.
I dreaded the task of organizing the week and telling him what we were doing and when. But you know what I did? I gave him the books and had him organize the week and what we would be doing from each book. This included: math, science, and language arts so far. I'm giving the resonsibility (well a lot more of it anyway) to Angelboy to make sure we get schooling done. He just tells me what to do and I will do it. I'm here to help out if he needs me. Well it probably won't be that simple but the idea is that I need and expect him to shoulder more responsibility for his own education. I think he will do well with this.
O.K. the other reason I was dreading it was because he is fourteen and sometimes it seems like he has an opinion about everything which means that it seems like he contradicts me on everything. When did this start to happen? It has become more and more apparent that the teenage years are here.
There does seem to be a glimmer of hope though. We both agreed that everything seemed much clearer after the break and we actually enjoyed the schooling that we did together.
Maybe we can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment