FOR TODAY, January 18, 2010
Outside my window...it is gray and cloudy. The temperature is in the upper twenties so it will be relatively comfortable for going on a walk.
I am thinking...about dealing or rather not dealing with extended family who tend to drag me into their problems. Screening calls, right or wrong, may be an important part of this.
I am thankful for...God's grace.
From the learning rooms...My son is taking care of getting his work done on his own. He has been planning his own days.
From the kitchen...Something easy like spaghetti for supper tonight. I will also soak pinto beans tonight. I will use some to make a bean casserole and we eat the others plain or with a bit of seasoning whatever suits our fancy at the moment. It's a low cost nutritous way of eating...albeit somewhat penitential.
I am wearing...Jeans and husbands green computer science sweatshirt.
I am creating...I gave my sister the scarf I made her on Saturday. It was my first crocheted project. I want to learn to knit. I want to make longies for the baby but am afraid this may be too adavnced. We'll see.
I am going...focus on meeting the needs of my family by avoiding unnecessary anxiety.
I am reading...My husband and I are reading For better...Forever. It is a book about marriage combining both a Catholic and a modern psychological perspective.
I am praying ...for my brother and his family.
I am hearing...The baby is starting to fuss. He is "playing" on the floor in the living room.
Around the house...I need to clean the basment. We have a finished basement with computers and a large table. It is cluttered with Christmas wrapping paper among other things.
One of my favorite things...is making a new dish that turns out well.
A few plans for the rest of the week: I need to keep working on getting organized by making a daily schedule that includes prayer times.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Pumpkingirl standing by her new Christmas rocking chair.
For more day books click here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:
It's always fun to connect with fellow musicians! Hope your week is off to a great start :-)
What do you play?
Hi Julia, thanks for visiting last week. Here in Finland we have one bigger national operahouse and if I remember right few smaller ones. And in the summer we have a large opera festivals in Savonlinna, which is the old castle from the Middle Ages. The classical music is the one of the most important line of the finnish culture. We have few famous opera singers and of course few famous composers too.
Post a Comment