
1. I have been writing on my blog a lot this week. Meanwhile I have probably been neglecting other things like working on getting organized. I need to pick my blogging time and stick with it.
2. When I started this blog I was afraid of getting comments because then I knew people were seeing what I was writing. When I started getting a few comments then it was so exciting that when the comments stopped coming that it was let down. Not that I ever got that many comments, but...
3. I have been trying to write more of my own posts and do less of this Mr. Linky group stuff. I decided that I will have the option of participating in one group blog acrivity for every two posts that I write on my own. The group stuff is fun, but I don't want it to be the majority of my posts. I'm not exactly sure why that is. Could someone put it into words for me?
4. I started this blog in December of 2006. I didn't really start writing regularly until the past few months so it's not llike I have a lot to show for a blog that has supposedly been around for the last three years. I started writing thinking that I would write about my own conversion back to the Catholic faith. I haven't done a lot on this but that's o.k. I'll just keep writing and see where it all goes.
5. One of my favorite blogs right now is Like Mother, Like Daughter. Leila writes a lot about cooking, housekeeping, and crafts with a dash of Catholic Spirituality, common sense and humor. I am always blown away by her creativity and skill. I really don't have the writing skill to give it the description it deserves. You'll just have to go and look for yourself.
6. My two-year-old has truly become a terrible two. She is really quite awful at times. We consistently put her in her room for tantrums and we may be acutually seeing a decrease in bad behavior as a result. However, it does seem that any progress being made is very gradual. It's hard to beleive that anyone could be as stubborn as this girl--except myself of course. The battle of wills has begun!
7. Speaking of gradual improvement, I have been working on a schedule using suggestions from A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot. Even with just the beginnings of a schedule I am seeing improvement in the running of my day. The key is to keep tweaking and improving. Perseverence and consistancy are key!
Thanks for reading my quick takes. For more quick takes go here.
8 comments:
I enjoyed visiting your blog!
I haven't commented in a while but I'm still reading!
Group things feel like "cheating" -- but I still do them. Only ToT (because I host it) and 7 QT.
+JMJ+
I think #3 is a good discipline to commit yourself to. =)
When I was in high school, I read a book about writing that said a serious writer should have an output of at least one page a day. For days when one just doesn't want to write, the author cheekily suggested writing a page of excuses! I tried that exactly once and couldn't stand how whiny I sounded. It turned out to be a vaccine against writer's block, however, so all is good! =D
+JMJ+
I just followed your link to Leila's blog. What a great recommendation! I agree with you that she's a great writer. Thanks! =D
3.--I sympathize with the Mr. Linky's. I've made it my personal goal that even if I'm doing a Linky it needs to have some substance to it. So I sometimes get creative with the "assignments." For what that's worth.
And I sympathize with comments!
Kathleen--Substance is a good goal otherwise it just feels like you are trying to fill in the blanks like a worksheet or something. Does this make sense?
Enbrethiliel--A page a day sounds pretty manageable. I wonder if he meant a page of edited, polished writing. I have never done a page of rough or polished writing so I'm not sure how difficult it would be. Either way it would be good practice.
Hi Chelsea, Glad your still out there.
Everybody thanks for stopping by and leaving comments.
+JMJ+
Since polishing a single sentence often takes as much time as writing a whole rough page, I'd go with the latter! ;)
Hi Julia, found you through simple woman's daybook (last week's- I'm a bit behind ;))
I love Leila's blog, just made her better buttermilk baking mix and granola and they are phenomenal! sooo good!
Loved HOlly's book, too. Need to get that out and go over some points.
lovely place over here!
blessings!
Post a Comment