Thinking about making a high school transcript for Angelboy should we still be homeschooling next year, is a stress triggering idea for me. However, after talking to a couple of homeschool mom's I know, I have learned that it may not be as bad as I had first thought. Both of these mom's said they didn't really keep records. This was a happy thought indeed and may have filled me with both feelings of relief and awe at their devil-may-care attitudes.
Then it occurred to me that, considering we live in a state where recordkeeping for homeschoolers is at a bare minimum, that maybe this isn't that crazy after all. Perhaps keeping track of subjects studied and knowing that they have a good understanding of the concepts and subjects studied are the most important things. This would be something that I can do and perhaps even enjoy.
These mom's had only first year high school students so it is possible that they will start thinking more about recordkeeping further along in their child's high school career. In the meantime I feel that I don't have to let this stand in the way of homeschooling Angelboy through highschool. I still feel I need to do more looking into what is required of me for homeschooling highschool but for now I feel less daunted.
No comments:
Post a Comment