Monday, January 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today.. from Julia's Daybook

Outside my window...A consistent, pretty snowfall with some moderately chilly wind.

I am thinking...about how I get bent out of shape about things that may mean nothing as little as an hour later.

I am thankful for...I am never thankful enough, thanfully there is God's mercy and forgiveness.

I am wearing...Blue jeans, light blue t-shirt husbands green hooded sweat shirt with rip in the cuff.

I am remembering...how I felt hopeless about something this morning that I now feel hopeful about.  Emotions are fleeting.

I am currently reading...Frequent Confession I read a little at a time when I get the chance.  Last I read it talked about three kinds of examination of conscious: general examination--reflecting on your actions and thoughts for the whole day; particular examination--examining how well you are doing with a particular weakness or virtue; and continual examination-- throughout the day asking where is my heart at now?  A periodic attitude check so to speak?  I think that is the jist of it.

I am hoping...To get to the grocery store today.

On my mind...(but not as much as it should be) My dad in the nursing home.  He hasn't been doing as well as he had been.  He's having delusional thoughts.  Could be dimentia or he needs an adjustment to psychiatric meds. 

Noticing that...It's still snowing and it has gotten quite windy.
Pondering these words..."Paul's conversion reminds us that a sincere change of heart is essential for the spiritual progress of individual Christians as well as for full unity among them.  Only by a change of attitude and behavior toward one another can Christ's disciples remove the obstacles to such unity."  -John Paul II  Thinking about how this applies to marriage.

From the kitchen...Made scones this morning.  Not sure what's for supper.  I'd like to go to the grocery store tonight but Angelboy has a concert so I don't know if I'll make it.

Around the house...Got my kitchen tidied after lunch as is in my new daily routine.

One of my favorite things...Sushi

From my picture journal


Delicious chocolate mousse cake that we order for Christmas from the local co-op. 

Thanks for reading!.  Go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/  for more day books.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I enjoyed your daybook! I like the words that you are pondering... so true.

Have a great week!!

Julia said...

Shirley,
So glad you stopped by!