Saturday, February 6, 2010

Very Doable Exercise Routine

These are my goals for a basic exercise regimen:

Walk for 30 minutes at least 4x per week in the afternoon. If the weather is bad I stay in and dance around to music while kids are napping and otherwise occupied.  Many times the baby is up to watch me though. 

Strenght and stretching exercises 3x per week in the early morning.

Strengthening and toning exercises include: push-up type exercises (until I can do actual push-ups), a few simple pilates exercises, and crunches. 

For stretching I basically get up, sit on the floor, extend my legs to the front or side, sit with my legs crossed, reach over with my arm,  move any way that I feel like stretching.   The main thing here is to get up and start moving in ways that stretch and strengthen my body.  Pretty simple.  Now I just have to stick to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on your "Christmas Presents...in February???" but then your exercise routine caught my eye...so simple...but I'm still not off my bum...it's time though!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday

Kathi

Julia said...

HI Kathi,
Exercise is made out to be so complicated. The hardest part, as we all know, is just starting. It's so easy to not do it. As for the presents,I just liked thinking about Christmas again I guess:) Thanks for stopping by!