Monday, February 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

From Julia's daybook...February 8, 2010

Outside my window...it is snowing.

I am thinking...that I wish I had more time to write on my blog.

I am thankful for...the fact that we made it to visit my Dad in the  nursing home yesterday.  The roads were a bit slick on the way back so I am also thankful we made it back home o.k.

I am wearing...jeans, blue three quarter sleeve cotton shirt with v-neck and black courderoy blazer.  Perhaps a bit more dressed up than normal because I had an appointment this morning.

I am remembering...how we sang "Yes Jesus love me" yesterday and how Dad joined in.

I am going...to go grocery shopping to night.

I am reading...The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule.  It is basically about encouraging creativity in your family and being creative with your kids through various means. There are a few good ideas I might try.  I like the idea of a fabric basket.  This is a basket with different pieces of cloth with varying textures, etc.  Sounds simple enough.

I am hoping...that I can make a shopping list and possibly get some menu ideas together before we go shopping. 

On my mind...how I need more time to get things done especially those things that I enjoy doing and help me to feel good.

From the learning rooms... working on polishing up a writing assignment.

Noticing that...the baby is occupied so I can continue writing.

Pondering these words...The same thing that happened last week will probably happen again next week.  You can anticipate what will happen and think about how you will react or you can keep reacting in the same way you always have.

From the kitchen...Spaghetti for supper. 

Around the house...I straightened and dusted my upstairs bookshelf this weekend.

One of my favorite things...Getting away by myself to plan homeschool, prayer time, family schedule, etc.

From my picture journal...


Christmas presents!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi, I enjoyed your daybook. It has been snowing almost all day here in NW AR. We are having spaghetti tonight too! ;O)

Julia said...

Hi Rhonda,
Thanks for stopping by. Spaghetti is so easy for Monday isn't it?