
FOR TODAY... December 21, 2009
Outside my window...Gray sky with snow on the ground
I am thinking... I am thinking about what to have for Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day
I am thankful for... being done with writing Christmas Cards
I am wearing...jeans and a green sweatshirt that says Iowa Computer Science
I am remembering...playing in the snow yesterday with Pumpkin girl. This was really her first time out playing in the snow. It was fun.
I am going...to make time for prayer despite the business of the season.
I am currently reading...Frequent Confession by Baur. Have read snippets of Bob Artley's Country Christmas: As remembered by a former kid
I am hoping...to buy everything I need for Christmas today. This includes food for dinner and a few more presents. There is supposed to be a snow storm beginning Wednesday so I am also hoping my sister will be able to make it up for Christmas Eve. Nevertheless I want to have everything we need so I can stay inside and relax.
On my mind...I need to talk with my husband about whether he wants to try and fix the dryer or if we want to hire a repair man and pay $129 flat fee for labor charges plus parts. I think even with trial and error it could possibly be less than this.
Noticing that...even though I somewhat dread making out Christmas cards, once I get started it goes smoothly and I am glad to have sent season's greetings to family and friends.
Pondering the words...O antiphon for today: "O dayspring, brightness of the everlasting light, Son of justice, come to give light to them that sit in darkness and the shadow of death."
From the kitchen...made gooey chcolate chip cookies last night. Ate more than enough and also set some aside to be part of the Christmas cookie stash.
Around the house...Need Spic and Span so I the kitchn and bathroom floors can be mopped.
One of my favorite things...Christmas lights up through January.
From my picture journal...
Pumpkingirl bundled up to go out and play in the snow.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. I need to clean my kitchen, too.
May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com
P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!
Post a Comment