Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Woman Day Book


FOR TODAY...December 14, 2009

Outside my window...It was a little foggy outside when I took my husband to work around 7:00. It is warm and gray. The snow is turning to slush. Good snowman making snow.

I am thinking... that I need to do a little bill paying today to finish what I did not get done on Friday.

I am thankful for...being able to pay all my bills and then some.

From the learning rooms...I don't know what I'm going to do. I really need to get a plan in place and order books and things for when our next trimester starts in January. It's really difficult getting schooling done with all that goes on in the morning and then my son isn't here in the afternoon because he is taking classes at the Jr. High. I'm thinking about sending him to the public high school next year. Any encouragement and/ or ideas for homeschooling highschool?

From the kitchen...I made a rumproast last night with potatoes and carrots. My brother came over, ate with us, and played many games of chess with his nephew.
I am wearing...Jeans and a navy blue t-shirt with my black coat. I haven't taken it off yet since I got back from taking my husband to work

I am creating...a happy home for my children I hope.
I am going...to try and create a place for Jesus in my heart on Christmas by working to get rid of anger and impatience; and of course, I need to remember to pray.

I am reading...I have started reading Frequent Confession: Its Place in the Spiritual Life by Benedict Baur and Guiding Your Catholic Preschooler by Kathy Pierce & Lori Rowland. I went to do some Christmas shopping at our local Catholic bookstore this weekend and ended up buying these two books for myself.

I am hoping...for a simple Christmas. I am thinking about making clam chowder this year instead of our usual feast with Turkey and the fixings. I don't know if this will make things simpler or not. I have never made clam chowder before. The meal would probably include bread and some other sides like a salad and a dessert. We usually have our get together on Christmas Eve.

I am hearing...the hum of my compter and the refrigerator running.

Around the house...I bought a wooden drying wrack for drying laundry inside. It added a good amount of drying space. I recently wrote a post about how my dryer needed repair and how excited I was ( perhaps inordinately so) about the prospect of hanging laundry to air dry inside. I guess I have had visions of a clothesline in my back yard for some time, but I never thought about air drying laundry inside in the winter. It's really not that hard.

One of my favorite things...is getting enough exercise which usually means going out for a walk at least four or five days a week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: -making cookies, finishing shopping, plan Christmas Eve menu, continue family Advent devotions, practice my bass and play Christmas duets with my son.



Here is picture I am sharing...





Snowy trees in our front yard

No comments: