
1. I am looking for a sewing machine. The only sewing machine I have ever used was my mother's White M77 series. This was made in the late 1940s and was made of cast iron. Oh how I wish I had it now. My sister got rid of it when she had moved out of my mother's house after she died but I had no place for it back then and it probably didn't hold as much interest for me then as it does now. I have been looking on ebay. There are lots of old sewing machines to be found there. These old machines are so heavy that many people will not send them out but require them to be picked up locally. I'm going to keep researching and see what I can find.
2. I have not sewed since high school (or was it Jr. High?). My mother taught me how to sew because it was something that I was interested in learning how to do. I would like to pick it up again and when I see something in the store that is simple yet expensive I can say, "I'll make one myself." Some things I have in mind to start off with are: an apron, a cloth, stuffed ball for a baby, baby and kid clothes. That should be enough for starters.
3. I think some of these simple things can be made easily enough with hand sewing too. I have a little pillow that I haven't finished yet. This project was out of a sewing book for kids that I checked out at the library to help teach my son how to sew. He finished his pillow.
4. I am pretty much done with the crocheted scarf that I am making for my sister for Christmas. I need to weave in the ends from where I started a new skein of yarn and figure out how to finish.
5. I have been hurrying my 14 year old son to bed so I will have the living area of the house all to myself. Everyone else is in bed and sleeping. Ahhhh peace.
6. My husband wants a saw and miter for Christmas. He is interested in learning wood working. I think he will be good at this as this is something that requires a lot of precision and attention to detail. He is a detail oriented person.
7. We are at the end of the second week of Advent and it is time to make a few cookies. This is what I may be doing for the rest of the evening. But first I am going to go to Conversion Diary and read other people's quick takes.
No comments:
Post a Comment