Outside my window... It is sunny and relatively warm. What were we thinking by staying inside all morning?
I am thinking... That it will be nice to get back into the normal routine as husband is going back to work today after taking off a week.
I am thankful for... a good cup of coffee in the morning
I am wearing... Jeans and blue cotton knit shirt with three quarter length sleeves
I am remembering... that I need to call and make my annual doctor's appointment
I am going... To make an effort to start getting up earlier.
I am reading... mostly blogs. I need to start another book.
I am hoping... for an Advent that truly prepares me and my family for Christmas
On my mind... It would be fun to make a ton of cookies for Christmas but I have a tremendous sweet tooth and little self control so am wondering if this would be wise.
From the learning rooms... I need to make a plan for 2nd trimester which starts in January. During December we can try and have more fun by baking cookies and maybe make a Ginger bread house. We will also work on typing which will be fun because ds1 will get to work on the computer.
Noticing that... the baby is crying. I better go.
Pondering these words... Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in the piercing cold. Tradtionally this prayer is started on the Feast of St. Andrew and said throughout Advent until Christmas.
From the kitchen... An attempt at fried rice using leftover rice for lunch. Heated oil, threw in tsp. minced garlic, rice, and eggs. Not bad.
Around the house... There's always something that needs to be done.
One of my favorite things~ Finding something to make using leftovers.
A picture to share...
For more Day Books click here.
5 comments:
Leftovers are wonderful - and our menu for Monday each and every week! Maybe a dash of soy sauce would enrich your fried rice recipe! I enjoyed reading your daybook - had a giggle about you using 'trimesters' to divvy up the school year since I think in terms of quarters or semesters for school and trimesters for pregnancy!
Enjoy your day!
Hello Julia, I truly enjoyed dipping into your Daybook. Have a lovely week and a serene Advent - Kathy
We make tons of Christmas cookies and the only way we don't eat them all before Christmas is to freeze them and bring them out on Christmas Eve. Of course, I haven't figured out yet how to avoid eating them all once it is Christmas Eve!
I understand about cookies! I love to cook for the holidays but it requires so much self control! Enjoyed your daybook!
Heather, I think you are right about the soy sauce but unfortunately that is one of the things I am out of right now and some how manage to forget putting on the list.
Annemarie,
I'm not sure freezing them would keep me away, but it is worth a try.
Post a Comment