Friday, October 30, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Vol. 3


1. Pizza for supper tonight! I make pizza with home made, whole wheat crust. It turns out pretty well. Recently I have started pre-baking it for a few minutes before I put the topping on. This really helps with the texture which was rather soggy before. Now it has a nice chewiness. I started doing this my first year homeschooling after we had been to our first function with our homeschool group and the hosting mom had made pizza with home made crust. I had visions of being an earthy homemaker. I guess my vision of an earthy homemaker was someone who made home made pizza crust. The Earthy Homemaker: Sounds like a good name for a blog.

2. Grrrr. We are having problems with our window well filling up with water again. Last night while I was away my husband had to bail out water during a downpour, and a cold downpour at that. The most frustrating thing about this situation is that a large portion of the water comes from our neighbors yard. You see she has a bare track of land where her dog used run when he was out all day (that issue has been taken care of). The water forms a stream here which runs down hill and a large quantity of water drains onto our property as well as out into the street. We tried talking with her about it but said in not so many words that it was our problem. We thought we had a solution but we are having problems again. I'm going to try and call some dry basement specialists and see what they can do. My husband says fix it and then move. Maybe he's right.

3. On a better note the baby is starting to take a bottle. My son had some luck with this last night when Dad was bailing out the window.

4. Last Friday I noticed some comments on my blog for the first time. These were from Chelsea at Roots and Rings. It turns out Thru Pink Curtains had also left a comment way back in December. I never noticed until this week. It felt so good to get comments. It gave me a whole new motivation to blog. Thanks to both commenters.

5. Well we have two pumpkins that we bought last weekend. We will carve them into jack-0-lanterns tonight. Actually my husband and 14 year old will carve them tonight. That will give me something to post except I really need to get batteries for my camera before I can take photos.

6. I'm going grocery shopping tonight. That is, if I don't wimp out. I'll get batteries then,God willing.

7. It's windy, sunny and rather warm in my neck of the woods. Hopefully no rain for a while. Pray we find a good solution to our egress window problem.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

1. Yumm! Isn't it funny how everything can be related to blogging now?? :)

I'm glad you participated in 7 Quick Takes this week. I forgot to save your link last week and had no way of finding you! FOUND YOU!