Thursday, February 7, 2008

Shaking the Modern Mind Set

This morning when listening to Women of Grace on EWTN Radio a woman called in to talk about how, despite her Catholic upbrining and her strong Catholic beliefs, it was so difficult to shake what I beleive she called her "Post-Christian Modern Era" mindset. For her this included such beliefs perpetrated by the culture such as: God and religion are for loosers and wierdos, Christians are ignorant, narrow minded, and intolerant, etc. etc. I can't remember what else she said this mindset included but I completely understood where she was coming from. This was an attitude that I had adopted as a fallen away Catholic attending a liberal university and I still carry a lot of those ideas with me. It makes it difficult to feel authentic in my faith. I lack a sense of conviction about objective truth and it is very tempting to fall into relativistic thinking.

No comments: