My first name for this blog was Catholic Housewife Cultural Revolution. I got the idea from Manuel 3's CD Catholic Soul Revolution and from a line in one Father Stan Fortuna's song "Ya Ya Groove" from his Sacro Song 3 CD of needing a "new culture powered by divine diesel." The idea of rehauling the popular culture through the Catholic Faith is a recurring theme in Father Stan's writings and music. This idea appeals to me as a musician who likes to collaorate with others to make somehting new and I especially like the way it plays out in Father Stan's music.
This blog is also about a revolution going on in my own heart and mind. I struggle with the humility that goes along with being a housewife. I struggle with giving and not expecting something back in return. Humility and selflessness: imagine how these things would change the culture. Imagine what these things would do for my family and the culture in my own home. Lord help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment