Monday, October 21, 2013

Odds and ends on Monday

Last week we got out of the house a went for a total of two walks which was really great.  It is so good for us to get out of the house and I like to stay in touch with the seasons.  I can't do this if I don't go out side.  It is fall of course so it is really the best time of year for going for walks.  I've been taking baby in the baby carrier and that makes it even more fun.  C and E run and run.  They don't really run in our back yard.

Last week I also made some apple butter in my crock pot out of the free apples given to us the Friday before.  In my enthusiasm I took waaaayyyy to many. This is something that I have never made before and it turned out well.  I would like to make another batch this week. Her is a link to the recipe I used http://ohsheglows.com/2012/09/26/slow-cooker-naked-apple-butter/.  I added 2 tsp of Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of cloves, 1/4/ tsp of nutmeg and 1/2/ cup of sugar.

This week: I need to order some homeschool books from Amazon, et al. I need to sign G up for Seton English and keep getting the kids out for walks. 

Today I need to pay bills, go for a walk, make more apple butter.



No comments: