Thursday, October 24, 2013

Apple Dumpling Cake for Supper


 Last night we had apple dumpling cake and popcorn for supper.  I had lots of apples and didn't really have anything else ready for supper. So what the heck?  I used this recipe I found at All Recipes. We all liked it.

3 lbs apples, cored and sliced (I didn't peel them)
2 cups all purpose flour, I used half white whole wheat
1 1/2 cups of sugar (I used only one cup)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten
1 cup vegetable oil (I used half a cup oil and one half cup yogurt)
1 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.

2. Place sliced apples in baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in eggs and oil; pack on top of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until topping is puffed and golden brown.

No comments: