We had a nice visit. We brought some soup for lunch. Andy cut everything up for the soup the night before and I put it together the next day before we went. Grandma had some premade rolls she put in the oven along with Strawberries and an Angelfood cake she bought from the store. I put the water in the and cooked it when we got there.
I have to admit I was a little nervous cooking in my mother-in-laws kitchen. It's difficult to know how much help to give/offer to people who don't ask for help. They live in their own home and I don't want to imply that they can't take care of themselves but I can see that Mom in law gets tired easily doing the work so as long as we're there...
When we got home I went to the coffee shop for a few hours with my lap top. I think I should try and do this at least every other week as it allows me time to sit and think and maybe even plan.
I wrote down a list of things that I want to clean this Lent for Spring Cleaning and finished a Postulant lesson for the Penitents. I also put some books on hold at the library and put some books on my Amazon book lists.
Right now...It is seven thirty in the morning and it should really be 6:30. I was doing well at getting up at 5:00 AM before everyone else and now it has turned into 6:00 the time when everybody else should be getting up too. Gabe just left for school with the van and Andy is going to ride his bike for the first time this year. The weather forecast for this week looks very promising. So happy it is beginning to look like Spring.
Some plans for this week: begin my spring cleaning list. I am starting with book shelves. Try to get to daily mass two times this week, make yogurt (we'll see), going for walks outside with the kids (we haven't done this since fall). Get practicing again. Take the kids out for a walk as the weather gets warmer and provided it is not raining.
If I find the time I want to... see plans for this week.
I'm praying for...my mother and father-in-law as they are living in their home and struggling with decreasing physical abilities, my husband that God blesses the work he does every day, for a deceased parishoner who became ill and died very suddenly, for a deceased penitent.
I'm grateful for...confession, forgiveness, insight into my failings so I can take responsablity for them as I am more prone to look to blame another
Something that makes me smile...
No comments:
Post a Comment