I really wish that I were the kind of person that could walk up and have a friendly conversation with anybody. I'm not. Although I do have an introverted personality, I love connecting and talking with people and when the conditions are right I do.
For example, I would love to talk to my neighbor who is also a musician, and a well known one around town at that. I dream of striking up a conversation about how I used to play in a band with someone who is in his band and how he would find out about how I played bass and then he would want to get together and jam or maybe he would let me sit in with him on a number or two at a gig. But at best I give him a little wave from across the yard.
Is this something I should offer up and take as just being the way things are or should I be less passive and take more chances? Is it right for me to ask God to give me the strenght to be more social with people or do I need to take a step in that direction first using sheer will to make the first move? I know the real answer is to step out in faith and God will provide everything else needed to do his will. I could really use a swift kick in the rear from the Holy Spirit.
Dear Lord, help me to reach out in love to my neighbor. Give me words and courage. Heal me from hurts incurred from others when I have tried reaching out in the past so that I may be able to speak with confidence and joy. Sometimes I feel trapped in my own fear of certain people and situations. Help me to overcome this so that I may experience peace in the joy of communion with my fellow man.
No comments:
Post a Comment