Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Musings

Right now...It is 7:20 and I need to get the kids up soon.  It's nice that they are relatively late sleepers in that I get them up around 8:00 for breakfast.  My older son is already out the door to catch the bus to high school.  He does a great job at getting himself up, getting breakfast, and making himself lunch. 

This weekend my husband worked all day on Saturday and he has been working all day on most days for the past three weeks.  He has not been home for supper for most days during this time and we all miss not having him around.  It looks like it may let up this week.  Thank Goodnness!  It makes me realize how good I have it when he is here to help.  Meanwhile we need tires and I got a chance to research and found some good ones for a fairly good price.

My husband managed to not work on Sunday and we finally got back to see my Dad and have a nice little one hour visit with him.  His 78th birthday was last week and I never got around to sending him a card.  Awful!  However we brought him cupcakes when we went to see him which he really appreciated. 

Some plans for the week Birthdays--My oldest will turn 15 on Saturday and I am going to be 41 the day after.  I still need to get him a present.  He loves music esp. Baroque, Irish, and Renaissance music so getting him a cd is a good bet.  He said he would like a basic mp3 player that doesn't cost a lot so maybe I'll check into that.  I better do something today if I want to order anyting online.  For our birthdays we may go to a park not so far from here with a lot of caves and hike around depending on the weather.   

If I find some time for myself I better make sure I practice as I am playing in a concert at the beginning of November and I haven't practiced in oh so long.  I also want to make sure I get at least four walks in this week. 

Prayer intentions for my husband to stay healthy despite his heavy work load and lack of sleep and that I may be able to give my children the attention they need as I tend to get distracted.

Something that makes me smile

My daughter turned three last week and we had a fun time despite all my worry about getting everything ready.

For more Monday Musings see Nadja at Patch O' Dirt Farm.

No comments: