Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dreams of a Clothesline Realized

Alleluia! I finally found a workable solution for a clothes line at a fairly reasonable price.  On last weeks quick takes I talked about my woes in digging a hole in the ground for an umbrella style clothesline and how some of the freestanding clothes lines online were $200 or more.  Well I took a look at the local hardware store and what did I happen to find but a Sunline Tripod Portable Clothesdryer with 64 feet of drying space at about $60 dollars.  Here it is holding its first load of laundry.  It didn't hold everything from my relatively large load of laundry but it held just about everything.  I can use it indoors too.  I think that's pretty good and am very happy with it.


3 comments:

Daily Grace said...

It is perfect!

God bless

Farmer's City Wife said...

What a great alternative!

I really really want a clothesline, but at the moment we live in a neighborhood with lots of retired people who spend most of their time outside tending their lawns. I don't know why I don't want to air my clean laundry in front of them, but it's holding me back :-\.

This looks so sunny and fresh, though, that maybe I'll have to reconsider :-D.

Julia said...

I know what you mean, City Wife. I am the only one who I can see that hangs out my clothes and I tend to feel like an odd ball at times. It helps that most of my neighbors are gone during the day though; and I think the feeling will lessen the more I hang them out.

Daily Grace and City Wife,thanks for stopping by and commenting!