I am sitting in the basement which is where my sons bedroom is. He is sleeping but has his radio set to public radio classical music. I am down here because I really needed to get away alone to concentrate. My husband is doing dishes up stairs. It's been so long since I could get away by myself. I don't think he understands how I need this alone time right now.
2
No one knows I blog. I wouldn't be surprised if no one has even seen this blog. To tell you the truth I am a little shy about anyone seeing my blog, even people I don't know. I am shy in real life and I am shy on line. For a while when I would come across some really well written blogs I thought maybe I would just give up as my writing was definately not as good as these. I then started reading some of my own posts and I kind of liked what I wrote. There is nothing wrong with doing something that you enjoy despite the fact that there may be others better at it than you. I've been thinking that I would like to get out and mingle in the blogosphere. Blogs are way cooler than Facebook.
3
Popcorn. This has been my snack of choice lately. I make it in a four quart sauce pan. Heat two tablespoons of oil at a nunber 7. Add one half cup of popcorn. You should hear a sizzle. Put the lid on and shake the pan every once in a while so the popcorn doesn't burn. DO NOT remove the lid until the popcorn is done. This may result in the oil catching on fire as it has with me. (Fortunately it was contained in the pan until the flames went out.) Shortly you will hear a few pops and then many pops that will eventually subside. Take the lid off now and pour the popcorn in a big metal bowl. Add salt to taste. Yummy!
4
Tomorrow we will try and do house cleaning stuff that doesn't get done during the week.
Hubby's jobs are:
Mopping kitchen floor
Finish washing the windows
Get tool box out of our bedroom and put it back where it belongs
My jobs are:
Vacuming
Laundry
Cleaning the basement
Cleaning oven and/or washing bathtub
GA's jobs are:
Cleaning his room
We'll have to think of more for him.
5
I'm planning on saying a prayer to St. Joseph every day until we sell our condo. Good Lord willing, once we sell our condo we should be well on our way to getting out of debt. It is such a financial drain to have to pay two mortgages. Things are very tight. However, I am thankful that we have been able to keep up with our bills and be able to buy most things we need with a few extras here and there. We also haven't had to put any more on our credit card until recently and that was to have a few things in the condo repaired.
Be that as it may I would really love to be able to go on a trip. I am debating whether or not we should take a trip to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in LaCrosse, WI for my 40th birthday. This would require us to put a few hundred more on our credit card for a hotel and a little bit to eat but it may prove to be worth it. I always think about what I hear others say about the many graces that people receive when they go on a pilgrimage. Would it be presumptuous to spend more money we don't have and then trust the Lord and Our Lady to make it work out?
6
Hubby and I went out for coffee this morning. It was so good to get out even if just for a small excursion down for coffee and bagels. Mmmm it was good coffee too. French Roast.
7
Hooray! My first edition of seven quick takes. That was fun.
See Conversion Diary

1 comment:
2. DO IT! Get out and mingle in the blogosphere!! You're a great writer. Let's be blog friends!
You're right, blogging is much better than facebook!
Post a Comment