Well we've had a nice long break from schooling or at least from floundering schooling. I think things will be back on track now. We're getting a strong start.
Math-Gabriel does his math during the day and I check it and he corrects it in the evenings therefore we can go onto the next lesson the next day instead of having one lesson drag over two days.
Language-We are using Mater Lingua- We didn't do this today partly because we finished week 9/day one yesterday. I think I'll go back to spreading one week over two weeks. I'll also use a bit of God's Gift of Language for grammar and we need to do something about spelling. We need to make dicatation a priority. In fact maybe we should do this before any other language for the day.
History-We are studying American History with the Catholic textbook Sea to Shining Sea. We'll go back to dividing this up into smaller chunks and perhaps just doing it every other day. Today I had son write a narration as we had done last year. It was good. We tried doing the questions at the end of the chapter a few times after reading the chapter at a faster rate. It felt too rushed. I think we might go back to putting narratives into book of centuries too. We were trying a timeline this year but I'm not sure we like this.
Science-Concepts and Challenges Series-We'll try for a lesson a day or whatever. I'm not so concerned about this as at this point science can be picked up here and there.
Son takes Spanish and Orchestra at the Jr. High.
Religion-Shame on me for really not having this as first priority. I bought Baltimore Catechism #2 at the beginning of the year but we can't find it. We listen to lots of EWTN radio which really provides a lot of catechism. Every now and then I look at Catholic Culture .org and we read about the saint for the day.
Well that's it in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment