Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some Good Thoughts

The days of Christmas are dwindling but I came across "The Perfect Christmas Gift" from the blog A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. It tells of "the perfect Christmas gift" to our husbands, our children, our parents, ourselves , and our Heavenly Father. I like this post because it gives very specific ideas that are things that I struggle with. It provides some much needed guidance to myself. Here are some of the parts that jumped out at me:

Our Husbands
"Build him up with your words and vow to never tear him down again. Help him with his weak areas. Love your husband and forgive him of His shortcomings the way Christ has forgiven you. I don't think he'll want to return or exchange this kind of a gift!"

Our Children
In a spirit of kindness, meekness, patience and joy, spend time with them for this is really what they want--not that toy you fretted over purchasing that will sit in the corner untouched for much of the year. (italics mine)

Our Parents
"Respect them and love them because of who they are and do not remind yourself of their failings...Love them unconditionally because they need Christ just as much as you do. "

No comments: