Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Spending Guilt

It's December 20th.  I don't have a Christmas tree up, or cookies made, or have a menu planned for Christmas dinner  but I have spent more money on presents than I should have.  Part of the reason is that my husband and I decided that we would splurge on presents for each other.  Questions go through my mind wondering if we're being too materialistic, going after the latest electronic gadgets (something that we rarely do).  We are basically spending some "extra" bonus moneymoney that I tell myself we could be putting toward things like savings or fixing the million little things around the house, or help to pay off debt.  We are taking a break from being thrifty and treating ourselves to some fun things, things that maybe even will prove practical in some ways and--sometimes I feel awfully guilty about it. 

No comments: