I have always admired and envied those who rely on their bike as a primary form of transportation. Little by little I have been trying to make more use of my bicycle. First I took short 5 or 10 minute rides with the kids in the trailer I got at a rummage sale for only $10. My three-year-old adapted well to riding in the bike trailer but my little one-year-old would start crying after five minutes. He tends to schulump down and his helmet falls over his eyes.
Although I am still working on ways to make him more comfortable, after a few times going on these short rides he got used to it so we started going on longer 30 minute rides and then finally we rode to the library, the park, city hall (about 30 to forty minutes round trip) for errands and playing. We have only been doing this a few weeks but I am hoping to keep it up as long as the weather allows. It's surprising how warm you can stay riding a bicycle in cooler weather with just a few layers and something on your hands and ears. The kids in the bike trailer also stay very warm with the plastic rain shield over the top.
I think fall must be the ideal time to ride a bicycle as it is not so hot and the scenery is beautiful. It seems that everything looks more beautiful when riding a bicycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment