Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've been dealing with my husband working late hours and I have to say it's been difficult.  I am trying to accept God's will in all of this and I know that God is making me stronger. There is so much I have/want to do and now even less time to do it.  Last night I had a bit of a meltdown in that my sister's "significant other's" mother is dying at the age of 86 after being in a car accident.  I told my husband that we should say a Chaplet of Divine Mercy later. 

Lo and behold, later that night, after the kids were in bed and I felt that I might finally get some time on the computer reading blogs or writing on mine, he asked me if I wanted to say the Chaplet.  I had completely forgotten about it but was planning on saying it when I went to bed.  I was so upset that he asked me at that time when I was finally able to get some time for myself.  I knew it was the right thing to do and I knew that saying yes to my husband would be saying yes to God; but I didn't.  I went upstairs to our room and struggled with the situation thinking that if I had some time alone I would be able to get over myself and do the right thing. 

My husband came up and offered to bring the computer up to our room so I could work on it.  He was missing the point.  I was frustrated because I knew that the right thing to do was to pray the chaplet with him but I was so upset at that moment at myself for being torn between saying it and taking time for myself.   I told my husband that he didn't have to try to solve the problem.  He left to do other things and I was left sad and started to say the chaplet on my own but longed to have my husband by my side saying it with me.  So I said the chaplet, but not with the peace in my heart that I could have had if I had done it God's way.

I failed to trust in God enough to put him first.  I know in reality he gives me all the time I need for everything he wants me to do but I didn't believe it last night.  Lord help me to do better next time. 

Pray for Clem, a good Christian Pentecostal woman who always showed an interest in others and was a joy to be around. 

Pray that the hearts of my sister and her boyfriend may be converted as they don't believe in God.

3 comments:

Daily Grace said...

It is so comforting to know that our God is a God of second chances.

" Lord, how many times must I forgive by brother when he wrongs me...7 times???..but our Lord told him no, you must forgive him 7 x 7 times."

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those that sin against us.....

Self-awareness is one of the first steps toward wisdom. You were given self-awareness regarding your husband and the Chaplet.

Thank you for sharing this with us and yes, I will keep you all in prayer.

Peace

Julia said...

Thank you Daily Grace.

Julia said...

Thank you Daily Grace.