Friday, January 9, 2015

Turning Two-pretty, happy, funny real











I can't believe my ever so cautious husband put two burning candles right on a two year old's high chair tray..  Nick didn't know what to think at first but with his big brother's encouragement (as seen in top picture) he was excited and happy to have a chance to blow out the candles like his older sister and brother have been doing during Advent when blowing out the candles of the Advent wreath after our brief and irregular evening devotions.

The celebration was very low key.  We were expecting my brother and my nephews to come in the morning but we hadn't communicated how early so they missed the birthday cinnamon roll with the candles on top.  They did sing happy birthday to him later in the evening however and got to see him open his Christmas/birthday present from his Godparents.  It is hard to think of a birthday party right after the Holiday festivities and goodies when you are really trying to turn over a new leaf and get rid of the sweets.  I guess such is the fate of a child's birthday near Christmas time.  Or at least my child.  It is also easier to get away with this with a two year old.  What happens in the future remains to be seen.

The pictures above are shots that I took with my with my new camera I got for Christmas. Arent' the candy canes pretty?  It really does take some nice pictures and it is interesting to see the difference between my new camera and the old point and shoot.  I really love it.

It always seems unbelievable that Christmas comes and everything turns out all right as far as getting things together.  I was having a rough time before Christmas this year as toward the beginning of December we decided to increase my depression medication as I wasn't sleeping.  The increased medication had a horrible effect on my and caused panic attacks and just a terrible feeling. It was so bad that I had to turn around and come back home when I was driving to a rehearsal one evening. I decided to start taking walks and I have been sleeping well for the past few weeks for whatever reason.


No comments: