Monday, August 23, 2010
A little bit from the garden
This is a picture of just about all the beets from our garden. I am going to bake them and slice them for supper. We are really just beginner gardeners and have a small garden. We got a little bit of some things (like beets) and some very small potatoes and onions and what seemed for a while like a lot of tomatoes. My husband made salsa with those. The tomato production seems to be slowing down a bit. We were going to try our hand at canning but we will see how much more we get. With the earlier tomatoes I made this delicious tomato salad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we're beginning gardeners too! We have a rather shady city back yard and that really complicates matters.
I might be trying that tomato salad - I adore salt :)
It's amazing what salt can do for flavor isn't it? I feel like I'm just figuring this out. I am finding I can make soup using the simplest ingredients like onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and just by adding the right amount of salt really bring out the flavors to make something truly delicious. I think the salt is what really does it for the tomato salad recipe (and the garlic too).
Post a Comment